Pages

Ian Sands has taken a new position at South Brunswick HS Check out it out! http://ArtofSouthB.com

Friday, September 25, 2015

Welcome to Tantamount!



I stole this idea from Diane Jaquith who did a similar project she titled Tantalize. She stole the idea from a NYC group who did a project called Tantamounter. The basic concept the group came up with.. there is a slot in a door. You enter an item into the door and a little while later you get your item back along with a work of art that is tantamount to the original piece. Here's how we did it...


I stopped by the english teacher's class last week and told him about the idea. I asked if he would collect things from his class. He fulfilled his end of the bargain...


When the Art One class enter today, I explained the rules. You have one class period to create a tantamount piece. ... So I guess I mean I explained the rule. OK go!


They dove in head first. It was a lot of fun and at the end of class we had completed all the pieces. We're excited to hand this all back over to the english class.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...