Pages

Ian Sands has taken a new position at South Brunswick HS Check out it out! http://ArtofSouthB.com

Monday, May 5, 2014

The Fine Arts League of Cary Teen Show

Congratulations to Ashlyn for her Third Place win in the The Fine Arts League of Cary Teen Show! 
 
The exhibition will be on display from May 3-June 3 
Frankie G. Weems Art Gallery 
142-2 Gaddy Hamrick Art Center, 
Meredith College, 
3800 Hillsborough Street 
Raleigh, NC
 
The Boy in Blue: Image Transfer on Canvas
 For this project our theme was up close and personal. When I first thought of that I thought of noses. To get my reference I googled up close pictures of noses. As we all know google never comes up with exactly what we ask for. The search came up with noses all either too close or too far away for my liking. There was one picture that was a  picture of camera taking a picture of a nose. I then changed my focus to cameras. I googled cameras and it also came up with security room screens. And thats what I decided to do. I painted a wall of blank screens on to 3 separate canvases and took 33 pictures of my little brother.
Using the pictures I did a photo transfer onto the canvas "security screens". I glued the pictures face down and let them dry for a day. I then rubbed off the paper and the picture transferred onto the canvas. But as you would know if you have done a photo transfer before, the picture isnt a carbon copy of the original picture. Part on the picture comes off with the paper. Surprisingly I feel that this only enhanced the piece even more creating an effect that the tv screens were old and were snowing.   
I demonstrated emphasize in my art work by going over my little brothers blue shirts with a light blue water color. This emphasized that it was the same kid in every picture and made him stand out. Oddly enough I hadn't planned on making everyone of his shirts blue in the pictures. It just happened that almost every picture I had token of him he was wearing a blue shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...