Pages

Ian Sands has taken a new position at South Brunswick HS Check out it out! http://ArtofSouthB.com

Monday, March 24, 2014

Student Spotlight: Nicole - Art 1

Student: Nicole
Blog:  http://apex-2014-nicole.blogspot.com/
Class: Ms. Sudkamp's Art 1

Project:  2 or more color linoleum printmaking.


Artists Reflect- Process

After I finished carving the places that I wanted to have pink, I printed it on a page. I saw some spots on the print that I didn't want have there. So I went back and carved out some more and then reprinted. I also noticed that I needed to add more ink so that it the print would come out better. When I was doing my second color of the black ink I notice that something was wrong when I printed it. It came out really blotchy and wasn't sure if it was become I used to much ink. I decided to change the ink that I used and it turned out a lot better. Before I put the new black ink on the print I tested out it out on scrap piece of paper to see if it would turn out how I wanted it to.


Artists Communicate Trough their Work-

For my art piece I did hanging pointe shoes. I chose this because I have been doing dance since I was three years old and wanted to make something that meant something to me. As of sixth grade I started doing pointe and I really enjoyed it, even though it can cause my feet pain! My art work is intended to show about me and show how dance has been an important factor of my life. I chose pink as the color because it is my favorite color. The issues that am examining through my artwork is to show that even though something that can be painful can be beautiful. My artwork also says that by practicing and doing what you love to do can turn out into a beautiful dance. And that all the hard work and painful practices is worth it. 




 Linoleum Block


Drawing


4 Blocked Print


Single Print






2 comments:

  1. Great Job! Like the composition. It seems very expressive and lively.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que buenos trabajos! Felicitaciones! lo invito a visitar mi blog: plasticaenla5del11.blogspot.com saludos Ana.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...