Pages

Ian Sands has taken a new position at South Brunswick HS Check out it out! http://ArtofSouthB.com

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Student Spotlight: Sanjna - Art Three

Intertextuality Project - "Twilight" to "Ilight" 


My first idea for the intertextuality project was the one that I went along with. The idea was to change the cover of the book "Twilight". In the actual cover, there are two hands holding an apple. I wanted to change it so that the hands would hold an iPhone, from the company "Apple".



 In order to make the final product look very realistic and exactly like a book cover, I decided that my medium would be computer art. First, I took a picture of another person's hands holding an iPhone. I used a spotlight in a dark room in order to get a good light effect. I uploaded the picture on to Photoshop, where I darkened the background and added some effect in order to match the original cover. 

I changed the title from 'Twilight' to 'Ilight' because all of the products in the Apple company begin with 'I'. I also changed the author's name to Steve Jobs because he founded Apple. I also extended the new cover outward in order to match the dimensions of an actual book cover. Finally, I designed the side of the book, printed it out, folded it accordingly, and put it around an actual Twilight book.



 I took a risk in this project by using computer art to make my final product. The reason this was a risk was because I was not very familiar with this medium. However, I was able to learn a lot about the different tools on Photoshop from doing this project.

The "Student Spotlight" posts are excerpts taken from our student blogs. 
You can see more of Sanjna art here!
You can see all our student blogs here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...